Breast Revision Scottsdale
Breast revision is a procedure used to correct complications that have resulted from breast augmentation surgery. You may consider opting for a breast revision in several situations, including the following:
- Your saline breast implants have deflated or an MRI or X-ray suggests that the silicone shell has a leak.
- You are unhappy with the size of your breasts after the procedure.
- There is tightening of scar tissue around the implant or your implants have shifted position.
- The breast tissue has changed due to weight gain/loss or skin stretching.
Are You the Right Candidate for a Breast Revision?
Even if the breast augmentation was planned and executed correctly, changes can occur following the procedure. The following are some of the most common reasons women consider a breast revision:
- You want to change your breast implant size or type.
- You want to correct an asymmetry of the breasts.
- You want to address the problems that have developed with your breast tissue or the implants.
- Breastfeeding or pregnancy has adversely impacted the results.
- Weight gain or weight loss has adversely impacted the results.
- You want to remove the original implants permanently.
from Google user Megan Livingston
Corrective Options for Your Revision Surgery
The exact nature of your breast revision procedure will depend on your particular issues, needs, and goals.
- Implant Size – If you have decided to change the size of your breast implants, the surgeon will use the original incision for removing and replacing the implants. If you want bigger implants, the surgeon will surgically enlarge the space in the breast where the original implant is to accommodate a larger one.
- Capsular Contracture – In some instances, the breast implant and scar-tissue capsule can harden, creating complications. To correct this, the surgeon will use the original incision to remove the hardened implant or scar-tissue capsule.
- Implant Malposition – Sometimes the implant pockets can be created too close together or far apart, which can result in malpositioned breasts. To fix this, the surgeon will manipulate the capsule around the implant and reconstruct the pocket to shift it into position using an appropriate suturing technique.
- Implant Rippling – If the edges of your saline implant are palpable and visible in the form of breast skin rippling, the surgeon will use the incision to reposition or remove the implants. Other options include using a different implant type, positioning the new implant into a different pocket with better muscle coverage, or making use of other tissues to cover the edge of the implant.
- Implant Removal – If you are unsatisfied with your results and simply want a return to not having implants, the implants can be removed. The capsule around the implant can also be removed surgically to promote rapid healing.
The goal of the surgery is to help you achieve the most natural-looking and beautiful results while making the surgical experience as comfortable and easy as possible.
Arrange a Breast Revision Consultation
If you’re experiencing unhappiness or physical issues as a result of a breast augmentation, contact our office and schedule a breast revision consultation. Dr. Daiza has the experience and precision needed to get you the breast augmentation results you deserve.